Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course constitutes training in more advanced tools and techniques, with a strong emphasis on project work and in-class application that will set you apart in your organization. As trained leaders, Black Belts play a critical role in any organization.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belts are skilled in problem solving and are well-versed in quality improvement methods that are critical in error reduction and product quality improvement. The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training addresses the important “change management” considerations and incorporates the required “soft skills” as key modules in the course curriculum. This four week program facilitates real time application and project execution to help organizations operate with optimal efficiency.
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt classroom course is conducted over a four (4) months period with classes being held one (1) week per month for a total of 160 hours of in-class instruction and mentorship. Individuals who have previously completed Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification are required to complete a minimum of 104 hours of in-class training in order to satisfy the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training requirements.
We create an active learning environment through a combination of lectures, team exercises, class project, project reviews, hands-on simulation and assignments.
To become a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt candidates must
Demonstrate technical and functional competence by applying Lean & Six Sigma tools and methodology to successfully complete one project with measurable outcomes. The project must be approved by one of Vector International’s Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt. Each training block includes weekly in-class project reviews, peer feedback and facilitator coaching.
Successfully complete the International Association for Six Sigma Certification’s (IASSC) Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Examination (see IASSC Certification Testing Options). The IASSC examination is an additional cost that is paid directly to IASSC.
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training program includes the following benefits
- Expanded module on advance process optimization & modeling (custom training)
- Option for ongoing project support
Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes
As course participants, knowledge, skills and attitudes you can expect to obtain are as follows
- Proven leadership and change management skills
- Skills in application of advance statistical tools
- In depth knowledge of Lean improvement tools and methods
- Ability to lead and generate breakthrough improvement in business performance
- The necessary business acumen to evaluate business performance and communicate effectively with senior leadership
- Recognition as in-house coach and expert from your organization
Who should attend?
- Project managers
- Program managers or anyone with process oversight responsibilities
- Change leaders
- Business owners/leaders responsible for ensuring operational excellence